Ipad Parts Diagram

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by gwilliams, Jan 24, 2016.

1. gwilliams

gwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I need to identify the part I damaged when replacing my Ipad A1460 screen. I have searched the web but nothing found. There are loads of sites selling parts but without knowing the name I don't know what to order.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, you could post a picture w/ the part in question labeled; there are a few members here who post on repairing iPads and may be able to help.

Second, have you gone to the iFixit Website? There you can search for a 'repair guide' for your particular iPad and specific problem; also, there are 'Teardowns' which breakdown these devices and are well done. Dave

3. gwilliams

gwilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    IMG_0669a.jpg

its the part that holds the strip from the digitizer screen

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    iFixit won't break it down that far. Unless you have a good electronics repair station and some solid skills the chance of doing succesful board level repairs on modern electronics is pretty low. You'll most likely end up replacing the entire board.

Though, if you do try to replace the connector I'd like to hear how it goes.

To find the part you'll probably have to deep dive into an electronics supply catalog; unless someone has a more complete parts breakdown for the iPad than I've ever seen. Which is what you are asking for, of course.

Good luck.