1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad--Pages & iBooks crashing

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by tea_murphy, Jul 18, 2011.

1. tea_murphy

tea_murphy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whenever I try to launch either Pages or iBooks, my screen flashes black for about half a second before returning to whatever I was looking at previously. I get no error messages or notices: it just goes black. This happens when I try to launch programs from the main screen or from within Mail (i.e. when I try to open an attachment). A complete power-down and restart does nothing to help. Advice?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    You need to teach your iPad who is the boss here - OK, time for reboot!!

Press and hold together the Power and Home buttons for about 20 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; it can seem like a very long time but, have faith, that white logo will appear. Then the iPad will reboot; again, it takes some time.

Hopefully this will fix the problem. By the way, a reboot is a completely normal procedure - nothing is lost, no apps or user data.

Tim
  3. dcs3473

dcs3473 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having the same issues with my iBooks. I did the reboot and still getting the same thing. It only seems to be rebooting on the books I have purchased from iTunes. Any other ideas?

I found that if you remove iBooks 1.3 and re-install 1.22 everything works perfect again. Darn Apple updates.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Genesereth

Genesereth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pages immediately crashes

Newly updated Pages. On start-up shows Pages screen for about a second then crashes. iOS 5.1 Rstartingdoes not fix. Resetting does not fix. Any ideas? This used to work before the latest update (1.7.1 I think).

mrg