1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad page numbering

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jayasree, Nov 25, 2011.

1. jayasree

jayasree iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My document has front matter pages using x, xi, xii, etc, then the body itself that
    uses page numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. How do I merge these into one document without
    missing up the pagination in both sections?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    We'll move this from the Apple iPad Polls area to the iPF Help forum where you should get a better response.
  3. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    That will depend on what app you are using, if it is possible. All I have is Pages.

I don't know of any way to do it in Pages on the iPad. The header and footer are document wide. You could probably make two separate documents and merge them later in another more capable program on the computer; or if you exported them as PDF, you could use an app like Save2PDF to merge the PDF documents.