What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Owners Unhappy at Fast Refresh

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You said the iPad 3 was flawed....you didn't qualify it. But you are wrong, it is not flawed...the cellular situation in the uk made it hard to provide reasonable support in the uk....but that was addressed in the new refresh....and given that android is releasing new tablets almost every week, and some for very low cost, it was really smart for apple to release the 4 now...and they have received a lot of editor choice awards for the 4th gen iPad. It is clearly the best tablet experience money can buy for most folks. If the mini gets a retina screen, more ram, and a more powerful processor, it has the chance of toppling the 9.7 inch version.

Apple created mini to widen its market base -- lower-end model with portability. I expect it will continue to technically lag whatever full-size model is current.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple created mini to widen its market base -- lower-end model with portability. I expect it will continue to technically lag whatever full-size model is current.

Certainly possible. If they view the larger one has the standard...like they do the iPhone...but I think they will find it to be a mistake. People will want it to be a full-fledged device, with no lagging tech other than what is available when it is released. And your position also suggests they will withhold the retina screen, which will definitely be a mistake. But if they take the screen to retina, they will need to update the processor. Frankly, there is no reason they can't have premium iPad (9.7), premium iPad mini (7.9), premium iPhone (always the latest model), and premium iPod Touch. Well, maybe not the touch, since that device probably is more likely to draw in kids because it make a nice gift. But I think plenty of professionals who own iPhones will want a mini to go with it rather than the full-sized version.

If they don't do these things, and keep it a lower-end model, then they will certainly not see me buying another one.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certainly possible. If they view the larger one has the standard...like they do the iPhone...but I think they will find it to be a mistake. People will want it to be a full-fledged device, with no lagging tech other than what is available when it is released. And your position also suggests they will withhold the retina screen, which will definitely be a mistake. But if they take the screen to retina, they will need to update the processor. Frankly, there is no reason they can't have premium iPad (9.7), premium iPad mini (7.9), premium iPhone (always the latest model), and premium iPod Touch. Well, maybe not the touch, since that device probably is more likely to draw in kids because it make a nice gift. But I think plenty of professionals who own iPhones will want a mini to go with it rather than the full-sized version.

If they don't do these things, and keep it a lower-end model, then they will certainly not see me buying another one.

If past patterns hold, Apple prefers to keep products distinct. Hard to predict for sure, because leadership and market forces are evolving, though. Will be interesting to see.

I like screens of all sizes, but won't buy a mini unless they sell one that's update to date. (I don't want repackaged parts from previous generations.)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If past patterns hold, Apple prefers to keep products distinct. Hard to predict for sure, because leadership and market forces are evolving, though. Will be interesting to see.

I like screens of all sizes, but won't buy a mini unless they sell one that's update to date. (I don't want repackaged parts from previous generations.)

I joined their forums and wrote them a passionate letter -- I want a full-strength mini...! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts