What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Owners Unhappy at Fast Refresh

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump? See, if you're like me, and have some of everything, you can't jump. You can just be unhappy! (not) :)

Lol.

I'm really glad to see tablets spreading so quickly. I've long rooted for them to become affordable enough for nearly everyone, and newer models will make older models even more accessible, so more people can get their feet wet.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol.

I'm really glad to see tablets spreading so quickly. I've long rooted for them to become affordable enough for nearly everyone, and newer models will make older models even more accessible, so more people can get their feet wet.

We are slowly but surely creeping into the age of "Star Trek" where tablets are ubiquitous! If we could just get warp drive so we can move between worlds in a reasonable time, I'm be happy to leave tomorrow. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
We are slowly but surely creeping into the age of "Star Trek" where tablets are ubiquitous! If we could just get warp drive so we can move between worlds in a reasonable time, I'm be happy to leave tomorrow. :)

Resistance is futile!

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The turnover rate for any of the electronic devices often makes me hesitate. The only thing that plays a bigger role on when I buy or don't buy, and what I buy or don't buy, is my ability to afford the device when I want to get it. With a lot of us, this fast rate starts to be a real turnoff in general. But as long as there is a market for newer and better, the manufacturers will continue to speed up the process.

It doesn't have to be a turn off. The more rapid the update, the more likely it is that you will receive little, if any, benefit to make it worth your while to update. Thus, YOU (not you in particular, but in the sense of the YOU that is US) need to realize this and keep your money. There are zillions of others that might not have had the funds to get the last update, or felt it didn't offer enough for them to spend the money at that time. Companies have to trust that we make informed decisions and act in our own best interest. They cannot force us to buy everything they sell.

When I look at the lovely display on my retina iPad 3 Gen, there is no way I'm dumping it to get another almost exactly like it. The extra speed is not going to do much for me, based on my day-to-day usage. I will be much happier if I wait for the next cycle to see if they can entice me.

Now, for me, the Mini offers something that I want...so I can see my way clear to buying it.

I just heard about the Google Nexus 10 announcement....it looks a bit underwhelming for my needs....so I think I will just live with my Google Nexus 7...but I may take a look at the Nook HD tablet, just to see what it's features are.

Microsoft is coming with the Surface....got to admit it is intriguing...but the RT model won't work for me...and the Pro models like like ultrabooks...and since they will run i5 and i7 processors, I'm thinking they are going to have heat dissipation issues. I'm going to sit back and let others be the beta testers, as I have plenty of laptops that can run Win8, which I can get for a mere $40.

If I had an iPad 1 or 2 right now, I'm be hard pressed to not get the 4 if I had the cash. But with the 3, I see nothing compelling. If I spent a lot of time playing games, I might want to look a little harder. I'm sure there are some hardcore iPad gamers what might want to update, though. For that group, they have to make a decision. It could very well be worth it to them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had an iPad 1 or 2 right now, I'm be hard pressed to not get the 4 if I had the cash.

If my iPad 1 weren't showing its age, I'd still hold off on iPad 4. I like using two iPads as a tag team, and 1 and 2 have served me wel
. But my iPad 1 is crashing so often now that it's annoying.

I'm still going to hang onto it, though, for movies and photos if nothing else. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. I've used it like crazy in the 2+ years since launch.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If my iPad 1 weren't showing its age, I'd still hold off on iPad 4. I like using two iPads as a tag team, and 1 and 2 have served me wel
. But my iPad 1 is crashing so often now that it's annoying.

I'm still going to hang onto it, though, for movies and photos if nothing else. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. I've used it like crazy in the 2+ years since launch.

Is it still holding a charge like it did when you got it? A photo frame is an excellent way to use an old iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it still holding a charge like it did when you got it? A photo frame is an excellent way to use an old iPad.

Charge is holding well, surprisingly. It's just the crashes that show its age. Once iPad 4 is set up, I'm going to wipe iPad 1 and see how many photos and movies I can load onto it, without other stuff.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've never understood why people felt competitive about having the latest device as long as what they already owned worked for them. Seriously, are people impressed if you have the latest iDevice? They sell millions of these things. It's not any kind of accomplishment to own one.

Gotta agree here. It's not having the newest Lamborghini Aventador versus people that are stuck with a Murcielago or a Diablo. In that case, having the latest and greatest actually does make you look good. iPads though? It's not like people are gonna even know which one you have and even if they do, they aren't going to deduce that you're filthy rich or something. Kind of silly. :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta agree here. It's not having the newest Lamborghini Aventador versus people that are stuck with a Murcielago or a Diablo. In that case, having the latest and greatest actually does make you look good. iPads though? It's not like people are gonna even know which one you have and even if they do, they aren't going to deduce that you're filthy rich or something. Kind of silly. :)

iPad2 32GB WiFi / iOS 6.0

Lol. Pretty much.

I'm not into making a spectacle of myself, but if I were, I'd think along those lines.

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't get the indignation. I have yh IPad 3 and am very happy with it. Have a Ipad Mini on the way and am sure I will be happy with that. Even though I know the next mini will have RD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that this is just a risk that being an early adopter. If you see a new connector, assume that your device will also get it and prob something else to be an incentive to upgrade.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new owners of the new ipad mini's will be moaning in the near future when the new ipad mini 2 comes out with retina screen at the same prices as the ipad mini 1st gen

RIP Steve Jobs 

markuse51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
BGR writes today that according to a new survey, nearly half of iPad owners polled are unhappy that a new full-sized iPad model has been launched by Apple so soon after the iPad 3 was launched at the start of the year. The survey, from Toluna QuickSurveys, found that 43% of US consumers polled were angry that the fourth-generation iPad had been launched just seven months after the third-generation iPad. BGR says that consumers would not have been so upset if the iPad had just been updated with the addition of a Lightning dock connector, for example, but the fact that it has a new-and-improved processor, the A6X, could be what really rankles with people. Toluna found that those polled were much more enthusiastic about the iPad mini, with 14% saying they would definitely buy it, and 32% saying that they will probably buy it. More people actually said they would buy the Kindle Fire, however. Also, 21% of those polled, or 1 in 5, said they would buy an iPad mini as a holiday gift.

Source: Apple iPad 4 consumer reaction: survey shows 45% of iPad 3 owners upet | BGR

"Maura" I am one of those dissapointed when it takes someone a while to save for their IPad thinking its the the most.up to date then another is due within weeks iis taking the biscuit!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
maire said:
The turnover rate for any of the electronic devices often makes me hesitate. The only thing that plays a bigger role on when I buy or don't buy, and what I buy or don't buy, is my ability to afford the device when I want to get it. With a lot of us, this fast rate starts to be a real turnoff in general. But as long as there is a market for newer and better, the manufacturers will continue to speed up the process.

Yes, it is a turnoff!!! Might make me want to upgrade LESS often lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts