What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am azed at the number of "older" folk. I really thought there would be more in my age group. (20's)
Same here (and same age group too). I'm really surprised to see that our age group actually has the second lowest percentage, because I thought we're normally the ones who rush out to buy the latest 'toys'.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aladyleyna said:
Same here (and same age group too). I'm really surprised to see that our age group actually has the second lowest percentage, because I thought we're normally the ones who rush out to buy the latest 'toys'.

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Nelson7709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Don't be surrprised bro. It's just that this toy is intended for the big boys. We adults are the ones that are very enthusiastic on this product. If you look into the WWDC 2011 attendees most of them-- if not all of them--are adults. Even your dad must have been there!

Last edited:

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giggling here because I have all the last "whatevers" that come out and I going on 67! I have the iPhone4, iPad2 and my new HP touch screen computer. And to think I grew up with the tube radio :D.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
56, look 40, feel 90 today :D

Seriously, I'm not surprised -- after all we are the Gates generation. I predict a growing anti-tech movement though.

jnoslop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a young 70 and hope to be around a while yet enjoying the freedom that technology allows.

Bob

Bob, I'm 56 and still embracing all things Mac. Will start working on my 92 year old aunt to get one! The iPad is easier to carry around for checking email and emailed photos. I think she'll like it. Maybe we'll get a Guiness world record!

lstokes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mother-in-law is 88 and wouldn't go anywhere without her iPad and/or kindle. Sometimes the iPad is not needed or too heavy. If she just wants to read she takes her Kindle. I am 59 and am the envy of some young staff as I have an iPhone and iPad.

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lstokes said:
My mother-in-law is 88 and wouldn't go anywhere without her iPad and/or kindle. Sometimes the iPad is not needed or too heavy. If she just wants to read she takes her Kindle. I am 59 and am the envy of some young staff as I have an iPhone and iPad.

It's a good opportunity to tell them that with hard work comes the fruits of hard labor. This generation of mine and one behind us is one of entitlement based philosophy.

But Apple gets slot of the fruits of my hard labor cuz I want value for my hard earned money.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

Most reactions