What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Owners are SNOBS!!!

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
You forgot to mention the study concludes with also "wealthy" people. And I ask myself: Who picked those hateful labels? I can imagine, selfish humans.

At $500 starting point the iPad may be just a bit expensive but only compared to most common netbooks. And in fact, as some other recent reports clearly demonstrate, iPads are eating some netbook market share which implies NON arrogant people, Lol. iPads may be popular with arrogant, wealthy and selfish people because it allows to consume volumes of all kinds of media, expend a lot of money and look cool. And this study points to a 6 time higher "selfish" rate found on iPad users but where does this leave the regular common iPad Joe user? (very biased study). This is science methods used to focus and prove what you need. By the way this is a marketing study, and not to insult anyone here either, but this study does not relates to my personal reality and to be honest it doesn't represent anyone I know well. But sure there are a lot of arrogant, wealthy and selfish people using all kind of products including iPads. Consider 30% (and I think is nothing like this) of this annoying users being iPad users, where does this leave most users?

With this study, do they want you to relate this general 6 time higher rate and apply these values to every iPad user? This higher rates cannot be generalized as 6 selfish people wont produce more selfless on one very different person. This is not a contagious virus. Some other hidden, none studied aspects of these users would lead to all kind of conclusions. This labels are their appreciation and perception mistake. I think this is not constructive criticism, is not fair to the general iPad user and it is a bad felling hidden with a fancy and extensive study.

Finally, to be honest I haven read the study but also I am plain bored just to go on the internet and read it as from what I read on different articles I think it concludes with false and misleading statements. I wont deny certain truth contained in this study, but also this is plain and simple media manipulation on steroids as they used 20,000 interviews to conclude with such a hateful and generalized, sensationalistic labels. Even if 70% of all iPad users are highly selfish it may say nothing relevant or be fair to the rest of users as the other 30% could represent an entirely different group of people with different characteristics.

Last edited:

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just in starbucks reading through this thread on my iPad ..obviously, and someone actually had the audacity to say that this was a pointless device.. He then sets his Jansport down on the floor and takes out a 17.1 inch Sony VAIO.. I go get a refill and see all he was doing was browsing the web.. So I tell him "I could do the exact same thing your doing without breaking my back".. I then laugh throw my iPad into my Louis Vuitton messenger bag, and walk out.. He said something when I got to the door, but I was already too far to hear what he said, how's that fir snobby.. Lol

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
ARDOTBEE

And for a suspicious observer studying iPad users you acted like a snob person, as you say. So your "behavior" confirms "this suspicious iPad bad attitude". That is how you become an "inevitable" statistic confirmation. I am not saying this is the way they conducted their study but using science methods there is always the human interpretation from certain facts. The conclusion is where they went very far away.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I heard things like this about any Apple user. It does seem to be a perception that some Apple users are elitist or snobs. This is my first Apple device besides a ipod and I really like it.

My experience has been positive when using my Ipad out in public so far.

I have a friend who has mostly all Apple devices, a iphone, Macbook, and mac-mini. He brags about it a lot and is really into it but, I don't consider him a snob. Ironically he is the one who told me about the Nexus One (which I love).

As a I.T. professional a like Mac products but, I will never tie myself down to one thing. I will get a Macbook or Imac someday but, still keep my home-built gaming computer.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just in starbucks reading through this thread on my iPad ..obviously, and someone actually had the audacity to say that this was a pointless device.. He then sets his Jansport down on the floor and takes out a 17.1 inch Sony VAIO.. I go get a refill and see all he was doing was browsing the web.. So I tell him "I could do the exact same thing your doing without breaking my back".. I then laugh throw my iPad into my Louis Vuitton messenger bag, and walk out.. He said something when I got to the door, but I was already too far to hear what he said, how's that fir snobby.. Lol

LOL! My kinda guy!:D

Lots of people really don't get the point on ergonomics. The iPad is IT...

Most reactions

Latest posts