Ipad Organizer App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by cjgrace, Jun 5, 2010.

1. LeeB

LeeB
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My problem with the way Outlook syncs with iPad (or iPhone, for that matter) is that I have no control over how they are displayed, i.e., by name or by company. It would be nice if I remembered every single one of the names in my 1,753 entries, but alas, I don't. I can usually remember the company though ... so if I could scroll through all the entries for XYZ Company, I could find it.

I just want the stuff on my iPad to look like the stuff in my Outlook ... filed by last name if I want, and company name if I prefer. After all, that's why Outlook has the "File As" field. But it doesn't carry over ...

2. adamh10

adamh10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Todo for iPad is a pretty good application for some basic organization tasks. The price is a bit much considering what you get, however.

3. Moomtaz

Moomtaz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Palm had better apps

I used to be an avid palm user and they had some tremendous apps that tied in all of your basic productivity functions. You were able to schedule appointment from your contacts list. Actually what I would really like is to be able to schedule my contacts on my calendar right from the contact screen. Is that so hard? I was thinking about Bento but I think that the problem is that the Ipad doesn't have native calendar and todo databases. If it did then you could link them easier. I actually don't think it has a todo database at all.

It is a pain searching app after app for this functionality.

4. planemechanic

planemechanic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I want a FranklinCovey planner app. that would kick ***. I emailed them but they don't seem interested in joining the 21st Century.

5. clsales

clsales
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like you need DejaOffice! DejaOffice is a suite of contacts, calendar, tasks and notes apps for iPhone and iPad. Regarding your contacts, DejaOffice will let you sort by first, last, or company name. It shows the company name in the main contacts list, and you can also do a quick search to filter your contacts by a certain company.

[​IMG]
    The screenshot above is for the iPhone, but you get the picture (DejaOffice is written specifically for the iPad to take advantage of the larger screen). DejaOffice uses the native contacts and calendar database on the iPhone/iPad, and is compatible with CompanionLink to sync with your PC. DejaOffice is available at no cost from the App Store and at www.dejaoffice.com

6. Gabi

Gabi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Maybe it's coming ....

7. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You guys make great points, I love my iPad, but it is a long way from being able to replace my Macbook Pro. I find I can get by for about 1/2 a day before I run across something that makes me drag out the laptop.

Will there be apps one day that make it possible to abandon my laptop completely?

I think so, as we progress towards cloud computing, I think a small device like thie Ipad will be able to do everything for most people, we are just not there yet, give it time.

8. Finnedog

Finnedog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I used my MacBook for 4 hours yesterday, editing an large email list for a class reunion. Took me about a minute of looking before I realized that Numbers was not on the MacBook, duh, but finally had to resort to OpenOffice Spreadsheet as just was not comfortable with the Numbers on the iPad. This is the First time I have used the MacBook except for ripping movies to put on the iPad and syncing the iPad since April 3rd.

The programs will come, because the money will flow toward these app makers. The hardware has only been out there 2 months and is exciting to look at the new iPhone capabilities and the OS updates as opening even more doors.

Anyone heard much from the naysayers who said the iPad would be a flop lately?? Why??? Cause their mouths are full of crow.

9. Moomtaz

Moomtaz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The app that would solve a lot

The one app that would solve a lot of the whole needing an app thing is datebook by pimilco software. It was awesome on the palm interface and it would do everything I need to do on my iPad in terms of client tracking and appointment setting. That is an awesome app. And if it came to the iPad I would actually pay for it. "a pirate, a pirate, a pirate goes argh"

10. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I think what most people are looking for is going to be more than an app, it is going to be the linking of things together and that is only now starting to come with the next OS update.