What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad or MacBook air?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A.K said:
I have never been one to use many devices at once...I have only an iPad and a laptop(heavy one .dont carry it around). And no smartphone...but that is a good solution :)

Okay here is my sixpence worth. It is nice to have two screens to work with on occasion. Often I find I use the iPad for a quick look up on the Internet or to browse files also working on the computer.

I am also very pleased I kept my iPad one which I sometimes use alongside the iPad 3 as a 2 screen approach. Very handy. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard just reminded me of another reason to have both (I.e. keep the iPad and get the MB Air in addition) - you can use the iPad as a second monitor for your PC (!). I use the app DisplayLink, though there are oodles of others in the App Store.

Then, if you are on your computer (Windows 7 machine, in my case) and get tired of switching between views (say, Excel and a browser, for example) - just put one of the views on the iPad. Whammo! Two screens and no switching.

Forgot how handy that is... :)

Marilyn

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Richard just reminded me of another reason to have both (I.e. keep the iPad and get the MB Air in addition) - you can use the iPad as a second monitor for your PC (!). I use the app DisplayLink, though there are oodles of others in the App Store.

Then, if you are on your computer (Windows 7 machine, in my case) and get tired of switching between views (say, Excel and a browser, for example) - just put one of the views on the iPad. Whammo! Two screens and no switching.

Forgot how handy that is... :)

Marilyn

According to displaylink homepage: Unfortunately, the DisplayLink iPad app is no longer available or supported. If you are interested in multiple monitors for your PC, Windows tablet or Mac, then check out the USB products available in the DisplayLink shop

I take my pad to meetings. Conference rooms have atv's and its fun to show stuff with ipad. Its like personal computer at work. I live near work and dont want to carry ipad at the moment cause its too cold( - 10 at the moment) and its not good for ipad :) althought i like retina display, eye friendly, i plan to buy MB air to home in future :)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to displaylink homepage: Unfortunately, the DisplayLink iPad app is no longer available or supported. If you are interested in multiple monitors for your PC, Windows tablet or Mac, then check out the USB products available in the DisplayLink shop

As she said, there are others. I use Splashtop's XDisplay.

Most reactions