What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad open two apps at once

Wisteria380

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I open two apps at once?

For example I want to Copy data from a note pad into a word doc with out closing one and staring the other,is there a way on the iPad as I'm a new user that is quickly learning.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I open two apps at once?

For example I want to Copy data from a note pad into a word doc with out closing one and staring the other,is there a way on the iPad as I'm a new user that is quickly learning.

No - this is not possible. You cannot have two apps open at once - in the Windows-sense of the word. However, when you open one app the 'state' of the second app is remembered so that, when you re-open it, it will re-open in precisely the same configuration/state as when you left it..

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just copy from one and paste to the other. To do this place your finger at the point you wish to copy from. A small magnifying glass will appear. release and you will be given the option to select all. then copy. Once copied, open your second app, place your finger where you wish the text to go and choose paste.

This can be a bit fiddly to get the hang of, but practice makes perfect:)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wisteria380 said:
Thanks Tim & Vintage, just the information I wanted.

:) you can call me Jeff..... The Vintage is the Stratocaster in the picture! I'm not that old really :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts