What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad on more than one computer

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new computer and want to sync the new one as well as my old one with iTunes.
How do I do that?
Its an Ipad2

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You really can't sync the iPad to more than one iTunes. Apple has designed it so that it's pretty much "one iTunes, one iDevice." Yes, that's not the greatest way to do it, but it is Apple's way. It is a long, complicated and involved process just to transfer to a new computer, with risk of losing your "stuff." It would be difficult to continue to do that transfer process on a regular basis.

So, my suggestion is to just use one computer.

Marilyn

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Arizona for half the year, so I need to be able to sync with both, there has to be a way to sync with the computer in the house I am in now!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about running iTunes on an external drive, everything, all the folders and files then taking that with you. I'm not certain if it would work but it's worth a try.

The Archangel

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyone that has run iTunes on an external drive?

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can transfer stuff to up to 5 computers. but if u synch with one, then synch with a different one, u will lose stuff already on there

OP
G

grabbit97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So If I installEd iTunes on my NEW computer, I should uninstall it?
Still not going to do me any good since it synced with the ARIZONA computer, and now I am some where else for 5 months!!!

Jim33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if this thread is being watched over a year later, but maybe the following will help:
I don't have enough activity to post the link but modify htttttp://supportdotappledotcom/kb/ht1202
Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod with multiple computers

Jim

Most reactions

Latest posts