What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad numbers screens

jimthomas0485

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep Numbers spreadsheet screens from "floating" while they are being worked on? It's frustrating and I need help.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the iWorks section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm almost certain that the answer is no, but if you'd describe what you mean be floating I'll be happy to look into it anyway. ;)

OP
J

jimthomas0485

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Floating" spreadsheet

When I work on the numbers screen on a spreadsheet and I'm using my stylus to input data in cells, the spreadsheet moves when I barley touch it. It moves up and down and sideways with very little stylus movement. Hard to describe. In essence, the spreadsheet won't stay put. Most spreadsheets move up sand down or sideways, but this one moves all over the place. Is there any way to lock the screen while working on a spreadsheet?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I never really noticed it until mentioned. Using my finger it doesn't happen much. It is possible that a better stylus might help, but no guarantee.

Anyway, no, there is no way to lock the screen.

However, you can create a form for most tables, those that have column headers anyway. It's a lot easier to add new data in a form. You don't have to double tap the cells and fiddle with the cell editor.

OP
J

jimthomas0485

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I never really noticed it until mentioned. Using my finger it doesn't happen much. It is possible that a better stylus might help, but no guarantee.

Anyway, no, there is no way to lock the screen.

However, you can create a form for most tables, those that have column headers anyway. It's a lot easier to add new data in a form. You don't have to double tap the cells and fiddle with the cell editor.

Thank you very muck
Jim

Most reactions

Latest posts