What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Notes problem 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet

Just tried your solution and it works like a dream, ithink, when my wife has finished her game, will give it the full test.

How on earth did you know how to come up with that solution, I couldn't see anything like that in the manual.

Well done and thanks again

I have three accounts and several devices and/or computers. In the process of getting myself setup, and troubleshooting other people's problems I've turned just about everything on/off at some time or other. Eventually you learn the little quirks. :p

You are welcome.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That makes sense now. I do use Gmail, but only through the main native mail app. (I'm single, and don't dabble in such sharing/syncing matters, I guess). Thanks.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

If you set up your GMail account as an Exchange account (as most of us eventually do) you lose the Note syncing option. You get Contact and multiple Calendar syncing in return, so it's a pretty good deal.

You can get the Note syncing back. Just setup a second account (same GMail address) using the default setup, then turn off everything (Mail and Calendars) in the settings except the Note syncing. Everything works fine as long as you remember that each service (Mail, Calendars, Contacts, Notes) should be turned on in only one of the accounts.

I do this. Don't know why I bother, since I use Evernote almost exclusively for anything I care about.

With Evernote you get your notes synced on your iDevices, your desktop, and a website (even, shhh, Android). They are always available, and you can create audio, and photo notes as well as the usual text. If the iPad/iPhone version would just support rich text it would be perfect.

As you can tell, I really like Evernote. Nothing wrong with the native Notes app, it's actually pretty well done. I just like the extra features and syncing, so I can get to my notes from almost anywhere.

Jackhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received all of my notes in emails, I didn't send them they just showed up. Now they r not on my iPad which is where I want them so they r with me in meetings. Do not want to have to print them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your account. Turn Note syncing back on. They should appear back on your iPad the next time you open the Notes app, providing you have internet.

These notes are stored locally so they will be there later when you have no internet connection (after they sync), but if you Turn off syncing, or delete them from the mail folder, the will be deleted then next time you open the Note app and have an internet connection.

If you do not want your notes synced with your mail account my recommendations to avoid this are in post 11.

Most reactions

Latest posts