What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not working...

Gail.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i plugged in my iPad to the computer earlier today, synced it then unplugged (i didnt eject though because my i had already closed my itunes). after that it just wouldnt work. i tried to plug it to the computer again but nothing happened. i tried pressing the home and sleep buttond, seperatly and together, but nothing happened, the screen is still pitch black. i also tried to plug it to the wall socket charger, i was thinking maybe the computer didn't recognise it, but still nothing... :eek:
anyone has any idea how i can solve this? i would greatly apreciate the hel.
:confused:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but are you sure the battery is not discharged? Maybe it just needs to be left to charge for while.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it is possible the battery totally drained, i had the same with my iPod touch once and it freaked me out. After I left it on the charger for about 15min it came back to life...

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too recall a spontaneous discharge on one my Apple devices that resolved itself when plugged in for some time

dinoti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad will not turn on

I checked my email. Went into another room for about 20 minutes, came back to check email on my ipad and the screen was not on so I tried to turn it on (every which way) and nothing. Had to come to work so I left it on the charger and hope when I get back home it is working. Any suggestions anyone?

Gary

Ok here is my update. I went home and turned my iPad on and it worked fine, no problems since then. It must have not been charged completely. I am so glad it is working and enjoying it for work and fun. You all take care and be blessed!

Last edited:
OP
G

Gail.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work, and no my charge was around 60%, I just left it for around 15 minutes then plugged it to the charger, it worked as if nothing was wrong with it...
My iPod discharged as well a while ago that's why I attempted charging it by the way.
Thanks for the suggestions by the way..

Most reactions

Latest posts