What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not responder to charger or chariging

MsSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

My iPad charger seems to not be working any longer. It's a regular wall plug in charger. My iPad doesn't even show the "not charging" message. There is no reaction by my iPad at all when I connect it to the charger. I've only had my iPad since last December.

Any advice out there.

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - a couple of suggestions.

First of all - try a complete power down of the iPad by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears, then accept the offer to switch off. Once the screen has gone completely blank, press and hold the Power button until the white Apple logo appears. When the iPad has completely powered up, try the charger again. If that doesn't work then....

If you plug the charger cable into a USB socket on your computer, do you get the 'Not Charging' message? If you do, that at least shows the charging cable is OK (we've had reports of cables with faulty connectors).

Do you have another Apple product - such as an iPhone or iPod? Try the charger on that. If none of these work, then do you have a friend or colleague with an iPad or iPhone and can you try their charger (iPhone charger will only give the 'Not charging' message)

We have had several reports of faulty chargers, to the final step is to return to an Apple store and try one of the chargers there and, if it charges OK there, get a replacement charger under warranty, hopefully.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts