1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad - Not quite there yet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Penelope Wakeham, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Penelope Wakeham

Penelope Wakeham iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it just has to be done - I have to get myself one of these things. I have looked at all the angles and examined all the excuses. And when it comes down to it, I have to have one.

I'm an artist living and working in Winchester in the South of England.

I am fascinated by the quality of images on the lit screen (monitor) and have been working at taking the images I create with a computer, out of the screen so that I can hold and manipulate them.

Enough for now - more when I get my hands on an iPad.

Regards,
    Penelope
  2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
  3. Penelope Wakeham

Penelope Wakeham iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi MattIM
    Yes, I am aware of Hockney's work both on the iPad and before. He is an eager grasper of new technology. Which the main reason I follow him.

If you watched the video from his exhibition in Paris, he begins with saying that they had nothing to sell. I aim to have something to sell. By working, more or less in my usual way but with the added tactile enjoyment of the touch screen.

However, I have been playing with friends' iPads and I think there is going to be a problem with transferring files. We will see - and I'm sure there will be much help on the forum for me. Once I have taken the plunge.

I go now to Southampton - my credit card in hand. Watch this space.

Regards,
    Penelope