What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad - Not quite there yet

Penelope Wakeham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.penelopewakeham.com
Well it just has to be done - I have to get myself one of these things. I have looked at all the angles and examined all the excuses. And when it comes down to it, I have to have one.

I'm an artist living and working in Winchester in the South of England.

I am fascinated by the quality of images on the lit screen (monitor) and have been working at taking the images I create with a computer, out of the screen so that I can hold and manipulate them.

Enough for now - more when I get my hands on an iPad.

Regards,
Penelope

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OP
P

Penelope Wakeham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.penelopewakeham.com
Hi MattIM
Yes, I am aware of Hockney's work both on the iPad and before. He is an eager grasper of new technology. Which the main reason I follow him.

If you watched the video from his exhibition in Paris, he begins with saying that they had nothing to sell. I aim to have something to sell. By working, more or less in my usual way but with the added tactile enjoyment of the touch screen.

However, I have been playing with friends' iPads and I think there is going to be a problem with transferring files. We will see - and I'm sure there will be much help on the forum for me. Once I have taken the plunge.

I go now to Southampton - my credit card in hand. Watch this space.

Regards,
Penelope

Most reactions

Latest posts