iPad - Not quite there yet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Penelope Wakeham, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Penelope Wakeham

Penelope Wakeham iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well it just has to be done - I have to get myself one of these things. I have looked at all the angles and examined all the excuses. And when it comes down to it, I have to have one.

I'm an artist living and working in Winchester in the South of England.

I am fascinated by the quality of images on the lit screen (monitor) and have been working at taking the images I create with a computer, out of the screen so that I can hold and manipulate them.

Enough for now - more when I get my hands on an iPad.

Regards,
    Penelope

2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
  3. Penelope Wakeham

Penelope Wakeham iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi MattIM
    Yes, I am aware of Hockney's work both on the iPad and before. He is an eager grasper of new technology. Which the main reason I follow him.

If you watched the video from his exhibition in Paris, he begins with saying that they had nothing to sell. I aim to have something to sell. By working, more or less in my usual way but with the added tactile enjoyment of the touch screen.

However, I have been playing with friends' iPads and I think there is going to be a problem with transferring files. We will see - and I'm sure there will be much help on the forum for me. Once I have taken the plunge.

I go now to Southampton - my credit card in hand. Watch this space.

Regards,
    Penelope