What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not holding a charge or....

SusanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either my iPad is not holding a charge, or the power is being drained overnight from all the game and Facebook notifications. Opinions? My iPad is about 14 months old, and I never had this problem before.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SusanR said:
Either my iPad is not holding a charge, the power is being drained overnight from all the game and Facebook notifications. Opinions? My iPad is about 14 months old, and I never had this problem before.

Thanks,

Several apps will drain the battery quickly. location services (GPS apps more specifically), streaming apps such as pandora, spotify, etc. and as you have mentioned notification center if numerous apps are polling for messages constantly.

I would suggest turning notifications off for one night and restarting your iPad with no background apps active. See below for how to restart your iPad with nothing running in the background.

From your iPad desktop double tap the home button. A shelf will appear with recently used application icons on it. There may be one or many depending upon several factors. Regardless of how many appear long press any one of them until it begins to wobble and a red minus sign appears on the icons. Now release and tap the red minus sign on each icon until all of them are gone. You can only do one at a time so be patient and get them all. Once they are all gone press the home key and the shelf vanishes. You have just cleared iPad RAM (memory) and are ready to power cycle with no apps running in the background. (factory Setting). The apps have NOT been deleted, they remain on your desktop for future use.

Now long press the power button until the power slider appears. When it appears swipe right through it and the ipad will perform a controlled shutdown. A spinning icon will appear in the center of the screen. When it vanishes the ipad is powered off. It may take a moment or two for the spinning icon to vanish. This is normal, and in your case likely a good sign if it takes a moment or two before it shuts down.

Once in a powered down state long press the power button until the apple logo appears then release. Once restarted test your apps and let us know if behavior has improved.

OP
S

SusanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm recharged, all apps shut, re-boot, and location services off. I'll let you know how it works come tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts