What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not getting charged on usb

Nithin ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
When i connect my ipad 2 to my xp laptop its getting charged getting as not charging, is there any solution where it can charge through usb.

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!
Your iPad needs to be connected to a power outlet or a high-power USB 2.0 port to charge. Even some of the USB 2.0 ports/accessories don't provide enough power to charge it.
For better explanation and tips see this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4060

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you plug an iPad into your USB it's going to be a little trickle charge up. Your best bet is to always charge it via a wall charger if you have one. The link that Johanna posted should help you.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may want to search for and download a small program named ASUS AiCharger. No idea how it works but it enabled the charging of my iPad 2 via USB with no issues at all.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,
When i connect my ipad 2 to my xp laptop its getting charged getting as not charging, is there any solution where it can charge through usb.

Hi & welcome to the forum! :) I own the iPad 2 which came w/ a charger that produces 10 Watts of power (basically 5 V x 2 Amps) - the newer iPad chargers provide up to 12 Watts; USB ports provide power as already mentioned in other posts but depending on the type of USB slot, the power may be less, which I suspect is your problem (you would need to check out the specs on your USB ports at the computer's website) - SO, either use the charger that came w/ your iPad or purchase a charger that will provide 10 W of charging power - Dave

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like ASUS AiCharger is no longer working.

I installed an "updated" version and now it appears neither it or the older version works.

Oh well....

Most reactions