iPad Not Functioning Properly ??

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by NorPlan, Aug 13, 2014.

1. NorPlan

NorPlan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    :( I'm 2nd Party to the Problem as the Offending iPad is the Wife's.. The Why For of it has us Baffled, she is limited to what she can do... Near as I can glean from what I'm told.. In her Settings in the phrase she uses things are Frozen.. Scrolling down the section between iCloud to Safari no access / response.. Between Twitter (Facebook) Vimeo no access / response .. She can click on Pinterest have a look see , No Pinning..lol.. ie: Through an App to a site she follows for daily devotions which have the follow us on FB icon , that will bring up the Desktop version of Facebook then she can Sign In kinda like the Back Door way of doing things.. Any ideas what could be wrong ?? Would it be an easy fix we could do ?? Help Appreciated Thanks..o_O:rolleyes:
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +953 / 0
    Hello and and sorry about the problem! :) Just for starters, please provide the iPad's model and the iOS running (which will impact on the suggestions made). For starters, I would first recommend the steps quoted below - since your wife is seemingly having multiple issues, you might want to just go to the bottom, i.e. 'Reset' the device - let us know if this maneuver helps. Dave

3. NorPlan

NorPlan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0

:oops: General Settings scroll to Reset ?? Which particular Reset should we Click On... Sorry I've been known to suffer from the Fat Finger Syndrome..lol.. It's an ipad2 purchased 4/5 yrs ago..o_O
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210 / 4
    Not the reset in Settings. The procedure is explained in giradman's post below, number 3 (when you tap the green rectangle under his post, you'll see it): press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  5. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210 / 4
    And if giradman's suggestions don't help, you can also try to reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. You'll need to go through your settings afterwards and select what you prefer once more, because these will be set to default.
  6. NorPlan

NorPlan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0

:p:oops: @ J.A. Thank You , After my Seniors Moment I Clicked on the Expand... Wife was busy on her iPad while I was Searching for Avenues she could try.. She'd gone the General - Reset all Settings route, then went over her Preferred as you mentioned... ;) Got my Fingers & Toes Crossed as her iPad has been Restored :)
  7. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210 / 4
    I hope it'll help. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NorPlan

NorPlan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0

;) All is Good Thanks.. Haven't heard any Grumbling...:eek:
  9. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210 / 4
    LOL
    Great! :)
  10. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +953 / 0
    Hi NorPlan - glad that all has returned to normal; however, next time a similar problem occurs, try the 'Reset' first (i.e. the two-button press as in my quote) - this does no harm. Going into 'Settings -> ... -> Reset offers a number of options one of which could erase content - I would suggest that the two of you look at this Reset Settings explanation to better understand the options - a couple of false presses might lead to misery - Dave :)