What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not connecting to PC/Itunes

Darryllee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so this is a bit of an odd one. My PC (windows based) does not recognize my iPad when I connect it via the USB cable. Nothing in iTunes nothing on the device and when I plug it to charge via the USB plug the battery symbol says not charging. However the iPad does charge all be it at a much slower rate then previously. I've tried multiple USB cables, multiple USB ports on my PC, three different pcs, one Mac and reinstalling iTunes with no luck. I've been to the apple store and best answer they could give me was that there is possibly a damaged pin in the iPads connector.

I'm hoping someone maybe able to provide some advice as to what my problem is and how to fix it so I can synch with iTunes again. Currently have OS4.2 so I don't have ability to synch via wifi.

Is there anyway I can update OS through the iPad itself (not through iTunes)?
Is there anyway i can synch via Bluetooth connection?
Or can I replace the "possibly" damaged connector on the iPad?

Thank you for Ny help you maybe able to provide.

kluuzna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All!
Same issue (iPad 2); only charges (10w iPad charger) when powered down and not recognised by PC/iTunes, I've also searched unsuccessfully for fixes and alternative upgrade methods; live in hope though, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Have you upgraded to the latest version of iTunes first? No, you need a wired connection to upgrade from ios 4.x. Have you taken your ipad into an Apple store to see if they can connect? You can also only authorise up to 5 ituneses too. And as for charging, the wall charger is your best bet.

Most reactions

Latest posts