What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not charging ?

flavortreats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi forum, i have an ipad model A1395.. my original charger broke so im trying to use my ipod 3rd gen adapter to charge my ipad but it states not charging ,i also tried to connect to my cpu -usb port and it says not charging on top of screen on my ipad ???could this be a dead battery ?thank you for reading my question.

syy89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPad charges very, very slowly from your computer. You should charge it from a wall outlet using the power adapter.

hdjd76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery @ 100%, plugged in to PC to get everything up to date/transfer, new iPad3 64g bought today, it says not charging. is that because its @ 100%, so it doesn't over charge it?
Thanx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Few PCs supply enough current at the USB port to properly charge an iPad. Most newer computers will charge the iPad, slowly, if you are not using it (screen off, at the least).

The average PC port supplies about 5W. The power supply that comes with your iPad supplies 10W. The new iPad is more power hungry than the iPad 2. It will probably lose battery if you use it while plugged into a computer's USB port, and take most of a day to charge even if off. And by day I mean 24 hours.

You are best off using the power supply that came with it. If you need a second power supply, like for the car, make sure it is rated for 10W (5V at 2A approximately).

hdjd76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! thanx for the quick reply, i didnt know it was such a power hungry machine! dang. i just bought it and left it hooked up to my laptop to transfer a lot of stuff. i hope its still alive after 12-13hrs till i get home in the morning. of course i will go home and try to sleep and then spend the day playing with my new "toy", good thing its supposed to rain tomorrow! ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

As long as you did not set it so the iPad's screen stays on, you should be fine. Even then, the power loss would be slow, so you should still be fine.

Have fun. :)

love my ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lately My ipad can't charge...they said it's hardware problem...it's still under warranty.anyone have the same problem?

love my ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love my ipad said:
Lately My ipad can't charge...they said it's hardware problem...it's still under warranty.anyone have the same problem?

But if i'm using usb cable and charge from pc it's WORKS even it's shown NOT CHARGING....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, the iPad doesn't charge from the wall outlet? Did you try using an Apple iPad-specific charger? Are you using the cable that came with the iPad?

If all those answers are yes - then what are you waiting for? If it's still under warranty and it's not charging at the mains (not your computer), then take it back for an exchange.

And, want MoonlitSonata was "oh so nicely" telling you is that we have a rule here at this forum: no bumping posts unless/until 48 hours have passed without a response. This is an international forum and people also have "away from the forum" time. Giving an hour for a response to a post is completely unrealistic. For the future, please don't "bump" your posts until after 48 hours without a response.

Thanks.

Marilyn

love my ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
So, the iPad doesn't charge from the wall outlet? Did you try using an Apple iPad-specific charger? Are you using the cable that came with the iPad?

If all those answers are yes - then what are you waiting for? If it's still under warranty and it's not charging at the mains (not your computer), then take it back for an exchange.

And, want MoonlitSonata was "oh so nicely" telling you is that we have a rule here at this forum: no bumping posts unless/until 48 hours have passed without a response. This is an international forum and people also have "away from the forum" time. Giving an hour for a response to a post is completely unrealistic. For the future, please don't "bump" your posts until after 48 hours without a response.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Thanks marilyn...i'm newer here sori...

Most reactions

Latest posts