What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad not charging

krevfeim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB cable is connected to my laptop and the ipad but no go. Am I missing something obvious?

Reaction score
krevfeim said:
USB cable is connected to my laptop and the ipad but no go. Am I missing something obvious?

The iPad only charges at normal speed when it is connected to the wall charger it came with. The iPad charges supplies 10W(5V, 2A), where as the laptop USB slot only supply ~0.5A, so charging the iPad via laptop can be really slow.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
Here is something free of charge that does the same thing.
Install the "Asus Ai Charger" Application.
Works great.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the iPad says "Not Charging" when plugged into a PC/Mac it actually is.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well.
Here is something free of charge that does the same thing.
Install the "Asus Ai Charger" Application.
Works great.

interesting app !
+1 for a great post !
but what about some usb chargers? then you would need to use that lil device. i prefer the device because i just take it and go and then i plug it in with no worries. but to each their own.

When the iPad says "Not Charging" when plugged into a PC/Mac it actually is.

hmm and how do you know this ? i remember when i first got my ipad i tried charging it thru my computer, and at that time i didnt know it wasnt charging so when i came back it was on the same percentage.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to some iPad battery app and then it claims it's charging. When the iPad says "Not Charging" it is for me at least when connected to a USB 1.1 port. One time I left the iPad plugged into a laptop when it says "Not Charging" and later the battery percent went up after I disconnected it.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for amazing. thanks for the info, ill look into sooner or later. but have you ever fulled charged it like that ? how long do you think it would take ?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Yes it is ~ but very very slow. It is best to plug into the wall outlet and go to bed.:D

Exactly.

thermoplyae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled

Excellent post. I installed and voila charging and quickly. OS that Asus MoBo puircahse was not a total waste.

Most reactions

Latest posts