What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad NOT CHARGING Battery Problem Fix

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACge2ugWE04]YouTube - iPad NOT CHARGING Battery Problem Fix - iOS Vlog 131[/ame]​

Have you ever plugged in your iPad and received the "Not Charging" text next to your battery indicator? Well if you are worried that there is something wrong with your device, don't worry, it's probably alright, unless you dunked it in water. What that indicator usually means is that your iPad is charging at a low level and you are probably not using the OEM Apple AC adapter. This is okay, you just won't be able to use your iPad at this time if you want it to charge and you just have to leave it charging a bit longer. Hope this helped anyone having problems.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad NOT CHARGING Battery Problem Fix
This does not fix anything, but rather describes what's going on. He also says that if you plug it into your PC and let it charge over night, your iPad will be charged by morning. Maybe! If your power saver options puts your computer to sleep, this will most likely stop the charging process and it very possibly have the opposite effect of actually draining the battery!

Elminster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It actually gives you all this information in Apple free to download iPod guide. So basically read the manual. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iagree.gif

Or they could have thrown in a CD with the User Guide on it. I mean my $20 D-Link router even came with an installation CD and owners manual! I think Apple was assuming (which is a very dangerous thing to do!) that most iPad users would already own an Apply mobile device and either wouldn't need much guidance or would already know where to look for it, but we at this forum know that isn't necessarily the case!

There is a link in Safari to the online version, but that also assumes to you kinda know how to navigate around the browser.

A lot of posts begin, "I just bought an iPad and it is my first Apple product..." But then again, the people who did know where to find the User Guide probably aren't coming to the forum!

iPadish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not helpful

So? Why is it saying that when plugged through a USB hub? is there any way to know the rate it is charging at?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed his dock connector had a split lol as for the topic at hand, I have forgot and left my Ipad plugged into my laptop for a few hours and did notice when I unplugged it, it had gone up a whole 3% with charge lol

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siddys said:
I am no expert, but understand a PC USB output is 5V 0.5 amps, whereas the iPad mains charger output is 5V 2.0 amps, thus not enough power from the PC USB to charge the iPad

After installing that software, iPad does get charged via USB. Perhaps may not be as fast as via mains charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts