What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad nonsync movies and TV shows to lap top

Dibble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

the hard drive on my lap top is almost full. I want to sync my ipad to it and transfer music only. I have 9 movies and 3 TV shows on my Ipad + some downloaded music. When I sync my Ipad to it and uncheck the sync movies & sync TV programmes a message comes up that says not syncing to the lap top will erase my movies and tv shows from the Ipad.

Is there a way so that I can just sync music purchased on my ipad to my lap top but not sync the movies and tv shows?

This will also keep my memory on the lap top lower than is the case at the moment.

many tks,
Dibble

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To sync means to synchronize, i.e. have the same on both devices.
You don't sync 'to the laptop', you sync with the laptop.
iTunes is the leading system here. What is on your laptop can be copied to your iPad. But it still remains on the laptop.
So, if you uncheck movies it means that these will stay only on your laptop but won't be copied to the iPad.
I guess that should answer your question.

Why ddon't you just buy a cheap external harddisk for your laptop to use for the iTunes data?

Most reactions

Latest posts