What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad News Apps?

JasonJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone use news apps on the iPad? Which ones are people using here?

ianholmes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the BBC News App which is free as well as The Guardian (UK Newspaper) it's a free App too but after an introductory period the daily newspaper costs a small sum. Most newspapers have good Apps that enable you to read the printed issue online.

Ian

OP
J

JasonJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess, I should have been a bit more clear in my question--I was thinking more along the lines of news aggregators versus apps for specific news sources. I'm trying to understand what types of news apps interest individuals, generally.

As a full disclosure, I do work for News360.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to know what is going on in the world a lot and political news is great to

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pulse, Zite and Flipboard are some popular news-aggregating apps.

I prefer to use specific websites over aggregators, but I check out the aggregators, too. For tech news, I like all sorts of sites, including ones that link or cross post from other sites. On the whole, I prefer news websites to apps, which often aren't as robust when it comes to content.

OP
J

JasonJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 3 you mentioned tend to be popular ones that are usually the response. News360 is planning on doing some beta testing that I was going to start a thread for later. Kaykaykay and others interested, I would love to have you guys join the beta testing group.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the news apps. Am and pm.
BBC
SKY
NEWS PRO (Reuters)
The Guardian
Breaking News is my new favourite. Updates all the time. Wish the others could do that.
Flipboard

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Coughfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do use Pulse and I think the news in the is quite enough for me.

alenzini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flipboard has the best interface by far. If I remember correctly from my Android tablet days News360 could give it a run for its money.

lisataxco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favourite is the Pulse app. I like to be able to browse through multiple sites from one app.

Most reactions