What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad network connection

jallen59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While trying to FaceTime with my grandson, it asked for my Apple ID. After logging in it gave a message that network connection had failed. A few days ago I had upgraded my iPhone 4s to a Samsung s5. Now I did compare the iPhone 6 to it and the result was the Samsung s5. That said, my only concern was loosing my iPad capabilities, mainly the FaceTime with Gabe my grandson.
I was told by a salesperson at Verizon that getting a samsung s5 would not effect my iPad or Apple account and I could still use iTunes and FaceTime. She said the iPad was connected to the Apple ID therefore had nothing to do with my phone. So, is anyone familiar with this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Changing your phone should have no effect on FaceTime on your iPad. Are you using a hotspot from the Samsung phone to give an Internet connection to your iPad? Maybe you're having trouble with the hotspot feature on the Samsung phone?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the telephone number still visible in Settings - FaceTime?
Which software version is installed on your iPad? The latest iOS is 8.3.

Maybe this will help:
Go to Settings - Facetime, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Restart your iPad and sign in again.

Most reactions