What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad name changed

OP
Q

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I have 2 iPads connected to my iTunes. However, I am using the wi-fi connection. I don't know. If this makes a difference. I am using a pc with Windows 7. Sometimes it takes a while for iTunes to connect to the 2nd iPad. When in iTunes on your computer, check to see what devices are registered with it.

Mine is registered as its reads my serial number. Only mine is connected and shows my nephew's name. Can't change it on 'Computer Properties'.

OP
Q

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
When your nephew removed his iPad from your iTunes, did he "eject" it? It may just be hung up. My suggestion is to fully close iTunes and reboot your computer. After it starts back up, try opening iTunes and then connecting your iPad again. It should show the name you have on your iPad.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

How do I fully close iTunes?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I fully close iTunes?

On your computer: Close it by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner or by going to File > Exit in the uppermost bar.

it's just good to fully close all running programs before re-booting a computer.

Marilyn

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
On your computer: Close it by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner or by going to File > Exit in the uppermost bar.

it's just good to fully close all running programs before re-booting a computer.

Marilyn

That won't fully close the entire program. You have to open up task manager and look for the iTunes process and select end process to completely resign the program.

The iDevice Guru

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That won't fully close the entire program. You have to open up task manager and look for the iTunes process and select end process to completely resign the program.

The iDevice Guru

Well, it's close it enough make re-booting easier (although, in all actuality, you don't have to close programs out to reboot; the computer will close them out).

But, if you close iTunes, the only thing left running will be the iTunes Helper, which is the program that's always running so that your computer can monitor for any connection of an iDevice. It's not really the full program, iTunes.

But enough wandering a little off topic... @Quake5254 - have you solved your problem?

Marilyn

OP
Q

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did everything from task bar, exiting the proper way, and rebooting for months already. Actually the name change doesn't bother me at all as long as everything's running smoothly. Just wondering why my iPad's name got changed.
Thank you for all your advice.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did everything from task bar, exiting the proper way, and rebooting for months already. Actually the name change doesn't bother me at all as long as everything's running smoothly. Just wondering why my iPad's name got changed.
Thank you for all your advice.

Well, if everything works....

Cause the only other thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall iTunes on your computer. And, that is a pain (I've had to do it)!

Sorry we couldn't help.

Marilyn

Most reactions