What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad music

frank12081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to stop music playing other than pressing the pause button.
Even when the iPad is closed up it still plays. If I just turn down the volume the iPad is still running and slowly
draining the battery. Am I not completely switching the iPad off? Frank

Banquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi frank,
From the lock screen (when you push the button on top right) or if the screen if off, doubble tap the home button and youll see the oause button show up in the top right. You can also double tap the home button when its open and slide the tray that pops up from left to right, youll be sent to the music controls

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a design fault Frank. The vast majority of folks want it to work that way, so that you can actually listen to music in the background without draining the battery excessively by having the screen on etc.

The correct way to stop music playing is to press the pause button. As banquish pointed out there are 2 alternative ways to get to the pause button without using the Music app. Either on the lock screen by double tapping home, or double tapping home and sliding the icons to the right anywhere else.

If you are jailbroken (and this is the hacking section after all) you could also assign an activator action, such as a short hold on the home button or power button, to pause music. That may be more convenient for you.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts