What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad movie download times?

cyberfish2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection."

This was the generic non-answer from the itunes site. In plain truth, when I downloaded the older John Wayne version of "True Grit", the actual download time from the iTunes store was longer than the actual movie, about two hours with my broadband high speed AT&T internet connection at 6AM on a weekday morning.
Does everybody have this problem, or am I missing some way to do this much faster?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cyberfish2 said:
"The download time depends on the speed of your Internet connection."

This was the generic non-answer from the itunes site. In plain truth, when I downloaded the older John Wayne version of "True Grit", the actual download time from the iTunes store was longer than the actual movie, about two hours with my broadband high speed AT&T internet connection at 6AM on a weekday morning.
Does everybody have this problem, or am I missing some way to do this much faster?

There have been some recent threads on hear about speed of connection, it generally appears to just need a tweak of your router settings....a quick forum search should find the answer you are looking for, at least it will tell you if you are running as fast as you should be.

The Archangel

OP
cyberfish2

cyberfish2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion.

How long does it take you to download a movie?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cyberfish2 said:

I haven't downloaded one yet, been off work sick since just after I got my iPad so I've been camped in front of the TV!!!

The Archangel

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a 15mbps wifi at home, download time is about 1hr or less.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to move to Singapore - I can only dream of 15 Mbps.....in fact, I'm lucky to get the 2.5 Mbps that I do get, as I live in a remote rural area...so I guess I shouldn't complain....:)

Tim
Scotland

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am quite grateful to be able to use 15mbps:) some of them even have fiber optic at home

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
cyberfish2

cyberfish2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My broadband is only 2.5 Mbps but it takes 3-4 hours for a standard, non-HD (high definition) movie.

I leave it going overnight!!

Tim
Scotland

Thanks for all the replies. At least now I know I'm not doing something wrong. My speeds vary from 2.45 to about 4.67 on the best days. Next time I want to download a movie, I'll just start it before I go to bed.
I got a couple hints from my ATT website. Clear the browser cache, and connect directly to the router. I'll see if that helps, too.

Most reactions