What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad model and serial number from Itunes?

Kjetil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad Mini have been stolen.
Is it possible to find the model number and serial nuber from Itunes on a laptop it have been Syncronized with?

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Ipad Mini have been stolen.
Is it possible to find the model number and serial nuber from Itunes on a laptop it have been Syncronized with?

Did it have any simcard on it? Just wondering. If it does, you can have the device locked using your network.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got a friend with an Iphone/iPad etc try and use the find my iphone, enter your Apple ID an password to the app and you can search for your device. The longer you leave it the less chance of recovery though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you got a friend with an Iphone/iPad etc try and use the find my iphone, enter your Apple ID an password to the app and you can search for your device. The longer you leave it the less chance of recovery though.
You can access your iCloud account and log into find my iPhone from any computer with an Internet connection, you don't have to do it from another iOS device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you've done a backup in iTunes on a computer, you can go to Settings > Preferences > Devices. When you hover the mouse over the backup in the lists it will show you the serial number, phone number (if it has one) and some other numbers that I haven't looked up to understand what they are for. Or it does on a Mac, anyway. I'm not sure about Windows.

If you have not thrown away your box, it also has the serial number on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts