IPAD MINI WONT WORK AFTER NEW UPDATE

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by mnpnmom2, Jan 29, 2015.

1. mnpnmom2

mnpnmom2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So with this new update today my mail wont work it freeze, cant see it read it nothin its not happening on my iphone 6 with the same update is anyone else having issues? An what can I do?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    First, welcome to the forum! :) Please provide further information: 1) What iPad Mini model do you own; and 2) What iOS did you update from - to iOS 8.1.3? Also, unclear about your iPhone 6 - assume that you updated it also to the most recent iOS and it is working fine - clarify?

I would first suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad Mini, i.e. press & hold the START & HOME buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow the iPad to re-boot (nothing will be lost!) - see if that might correct your problem - if not, post back to this thread. Dave

3. mnpnmom2

mnpnmom2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I own the first generation Ipad mini an yes I updated to the latest update 8.1.3 an my email freezes an it didnt while I was typing this my Iphone 6 was updated the same 8.1.3 works just fine um its nvr done this till today after the update I did the reset like you said it works for now thank u Dave but I dont wanna have to do it every time

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    It's common for a reset to help after an update. Many of us even recommend you do it after an update whether you appear to have problems or not. I like to do one before and after the update.

At any rate. You shouldn't have to reset the iPad over and over again to keep mail working. It should be a one time deal. Well mostly. Resets and restarts are a fact of life with computers. They all need one once in a while.

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    GREAT! I suspect that you will not have to constantly use the 'Reset' maneuver - but let us know. And I pretty much do what TP recommends - a few nights ago, I updated iOS on 3 iDevices and after all came back, I reset each of them. Dave :)