What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD MINI WONT WORK AFTER NEW UPDATE

mnpnmom2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So with this new update today my mail wont work it freeze, cant see it read it nothin its not happening on my iphone 6 with the same update is anyone else having issues? An what can I do?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum! :) Please provide further information: 1) What iPad Mini model do you own; and 2) What iOS did you update from - to iOS 8.1.3? Also, unclear about your iPhone 6 - assume that you updated it also to the most recent iOS and it is working fine - clarify?

I would first suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad Mini, i.e. press & hold the START & HOME buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow the iPad to re-boot (nothing will be lost!) - see if that might correct your problem - if not, post back to this thread. Dave

OP
M

mnpnmom2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the first generation Ipad mini an yes I updated to the latest update 8.1.3 an my email freezes an it didnt while I was typing this my Iphone 6 was updated the same 8.1.3 works just fine um its nvr done this till today after the update I did the reset like you said it works for now thank u Dave but I dont wanna have to do it every time

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's common for a reset to help after an update. Many of us even recommend you do it after an update whether you appear to have problems or not. I like to do one before and after the update.

At any rate. You shouldn't have to reset the iPad over and over again to keep mail working. It should be a one time deal. Well mostly. Resets and restarts are a fact of life with computers. They all need one once in a while.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I own the first generation Ipad mini an yes I updated to the latest update 8.1.3 an my email freezes an it didnt while I was typing this my Iphone 6 was updated the same 8.1.3 works just fine um its nvr done this till today after the update I did the reset like you said it works for now thank u Dave but I dont wanna have to do it every time

GREAT! I suspect that you will not have to constantly use the 'Reset' maneuver - but let us know. And I pretty much do what TP recommends - a few nights ago, I updated iOS on 3 iDevices and after all came back, I reset each of them. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts