iPad Mini VLC Video Artifacting

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by MonoJoker, Oct 27, 2013.

1. MonoJoker

MonoJoker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I recently bought an iPad mini to see if I liked the form factor. I'm very impressed with the weight and it's an able replacment for my 4th gen iPad for work so I use it a lot. As a result I loaded some videos onto the mini on the weekend and watched them. I notice that during playback the picture starts to artefact a bit but seems to "refresh" itself every 5 seconds or so and become clear again. This doesn't happen on the iPad (4th Gen) so I'm wondering if it's the graphics capability? Shouldn't be the app (VLC) as I'm using the same on the iPad4.

So is that the likely cause and given I plan to buy a new Retina mini close to release (sometime in November here in Australia) is this issue likely to disappear due to the much more powerful graphics?

Thanks
    LT.

2. willerz2

willerz2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It's most likely the recent update to VLC. I'm still on version 2.1.0 and it's working fine, also on an iPad Mini. It might be due to iOS 7 integration and taking advantage of the new aspects of iOS 7 that's causing it to be buggy.

3. MonoJoker

MonoJoker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's an idea, I've downloaded some other free media players to try. Will do tonight hopefully and see how it goes. Thanks.