What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini So Popular it Could Become the Main iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
iPad_mini.JPG

According to a report on CNET today, the iPad mini is proving to be so popular that it could soon be the main iPad. This view comes via NPD DisplaySearch, who say that the iPad mini could be about to “eclipse†the full-sized Retina iPad. CNET says that Apple had originally expected to sell 6 million iPad minis, but DisplaySearch analyst David Hsieh says that this is looking to be a very low forecast, with Apple now asking display panel makers to ship more than 12 million displays in the fourth quarter, specifically for the iPad mini. In a response to an email question from CNET, Hsieh said that the iPad mini is actually selling better than the fourth-gen full-size Retina iPad: “It seems people especially like the size…lighter, slimmer and easier to carry.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CNET goes on to say that according to DisplaySearch, by 2013, the iPad mini could make up half of all iPad shipments. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] iPad Mini set to eclipse Retina iPad | Apple - CNET News

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of course. And when it gets the retina and beefed up insides, it will be the number 1 tablet in the World! :)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In a response to an email question from CNET, Hsieh said that the iPad mini is actually selling better than the fourth-gen full-size Retina iPad"

I suspect this is because a lot of people just bought the third-gen iPad and aren't ready to upgrade yet, rather than a lot of iPad owners migrating to the Mini (though I'm sure some have).

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...and to think that about 6 months ago...people were saying that the iPad mini wasn't ever going to happen! How about that it's here and here with such popularity! ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless I get one as a gift or win it in a contest I am not buying one lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I absolutely love my iPad mini, and I'm glad it turned out to be so popular.. hopefully the popularity will mean Apple wont kill it off anytime soon.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I absolutely love my iPad mini, and I'm glad it turned out to be so popular.. hopefully the popularity will mean Apple wont kill it off anytime soon.

Nope, they will just create thousands of updated versions of it just like the standard iPad lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm surprised at that if its true. Am I the only one that values screen real estate? I must be missing the benefit of the additional portability and lighter weight. I'm pretty happy with my iPad 2 as far as lightness and portability are concerned. Just like cell phones, I just don't get. Must be me :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm surprised at that if its true. Am I the only one that values screen real estate? I must be missing the benefit of the additional portability and lighter weight. I'm pretty happy with my iPad 2 as far as lightness and portability are concerned. Just like cell phones, I just don't get. Must be me :)

I don't think you need to feel threatened in anyway....Apple will keep the larger screen around....and I'll sell you my 3 gen once the retina mini comes out. :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I don't think you need to feel threatened in anyway....Apple will keep the larger screen around....and I'll sell you my 3 gen once the retina mini comes out. :)

Good, just wanna be sure they don't decide to ditch the current big screen version.

Threatened? Nah, threatened is five big hairy guys with clubs encircling you with pissed off looks on their faces. ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good, just wanna be sure they don't decide to ditch the current big screen version.

Threatened? Nah, threatened is five big hairy guys with clubs encircling you with pissed off looks on their faces. ;)

:)

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:

I don't really get it either. If my iPad 4 screen was any smaller, I would have saved myself the money and just used my iPhone.

mantriak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be early to comment upon as presently we are having cell phones, tablets, laptops, desktops and phablets. Now I believe iPad mini would be able to make its own place only when calling facility would be incorporated.

Most reactions

Latest posts