iPad mini screen....

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by AQ_OC, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    I love the size..but I sure can tell it's not retina! I'm doing a full restore so I can do a fair shakedown.

Oh...and I love this new connector, too. Apple should have done this years ago! :)

2. thormcse

thormcse iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, like before I bought my speaker dock and head unit for my truck.

3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    People always criticize iPad for the 4:3 screen size, mainly because a lot of movies that play in theaters are in more of a 16:9 format.

Well, I bought up the same movie on the mini and the GN7. Surprizingly, the image of the movie is large on the mini than on the GN7. So a 16:9 movie produces a phyically larger image on a 7.9-inch 4:3 screen than on a 7-inch 16:9 (or 16:10, not 100% sure) screen.

Attached Files:

4. XDRoX

XDRoX iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I played with my mom'sand sister's mini yesterday for a while. On a non retina iPad vs a retina iPad, I can hardly tell a difference between the displays. But I could tell that the mini did not have retina. With the smaller screen especially in portrait you can see the pixels when reading very small text. In landscape mode I couldn't tell.

Retina would have made this iPad perfect so I'm a little bummed that it didn't have it. Am I going to cancel my order? Hell no.

The overall experience of using a mini was awesome. The size and weight didn't feel cheap to me at all. It felt like on true apple product through and through. This size is a perfect balance and the weight felt geat.

I didn't play any hard core games, but the speed also felt fine. Videos looked amazing and played seamlessly.

As you can tell form my sig I like apple gadgets and this mini is definitely a strong addition to my list. But I can't wait until the iPad mini2 comes out with retina and a slightly faster chip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I'd like to see the mini catch up tech-wise, too. I wonder whether Apple will continue to keep it a generation or two behind the latest iPad, to keep differentiation among products.

By the way, I've no idea what you own, because I block sigs and avatars on my forum view, lol.