Ipad mini rip off!

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by jdelrizzle, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Squirrel71

Squirrel71
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    One of my cousins loves movies and keeps all of his favorites on his Ipad. He has a 64 GB so I agree. For him, 64 GB is necessary.

I use mine for light gaming, web browsing and streamed media mostly so I don't need a ton of storage.

2. jdelrizzle

jdelrizzle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Nobody wants the 64 gb models because most people are to cheap to get one, but I guarantee they would love the extra storage for the same price as the 16 gb base model ipad, the same can be said about the cellular model it's nice to have but most folks just don't want to pay the $$$$

3. Squirrel71

Squirrel71
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had the money to get the 64 GB..I also have an iPhone 5 and an ipad 4. When I had the 64 GB ipad 1, I barely used half the storage. Why waste money on storage I don't need? That's not being cheap, that's being smart.

There are people that need the 64 GB, no doubt. But, the vast majority of people don't need all that storage or the cellular either. Everyone is not the same. I have a cellular ipad Mini, but I do use that, so it was a good investment for me.

4. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Too cheap?

I don't think that would be the word for most people. The appropriate funds were present, but I based my purchase on need.

5. jdelrizzle

jdelrizzle
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok very poor choice of words on my behalf. I had an ipad 16 gb once and I filled that sucker up quick, with nothing but pictures and music, I immediately returned it and got me my 32 gb AT&T ipad 3rd gen. I don't really need my iPads but I'm a fan and I love apple products! But yes as mentioned above there is a different flavor of ipad for everyone. Sorry if I offended anyone.

6. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Vote with your checkbook and simply order what you want from apple.com.

7. wrathchild

wrathchild
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I didn't really want the 64GB mini when I first purchased it. I figured since I use my iPod touch for my music I would only need a 16GB model just to run apps on. The only reason I did was because the 64GB was the only model available on Walmart's website at the time, and being an employee I wanted to be able to use my 10% discount. But without even trying I have already downloaded over 20GB worth of apps in just a short time. I'm now glad I have all that extra space. It will also come in handy the next time I go on a trip since I'll be able to store a lot of movies to watch and still have plenty of room for recording videos and taking pictures of the experince. What's the point of even having a tablet if it can't do everything you need it to do because it lacks the space to do it? Would you buy a laptop if it only had 16GB of memory? Hell no!!!

8. Squirrel71

Squirrel71
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For you, 64 GB is what you need. I don't take many pictures with my ipad at all, or videos for that matter. I take a digital camera for photos and video- pictures are important to me, and the quality of photos on the ipad just doesn't compare in most cases. I also don't store movies on it. Once it's watched, it gets deleted. I use streaming most of the time for that anyway.

As far as apps, I rotate them through, because every so often, I get bored with them. I have a 16 GB Mini and still have 7GB left. I don't need a 64 GB at all. I also think you can't compare an iPad to a laptop- two different beasts.

9. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    You nailed it! I agree 100%