What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Retina Shipping Tread

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone on the fence because of the recent color complaints doesn't need to worry. The screen is beautiful in my untrained eyes! Colors look natural to me and it would never bother me. I honestly think people have to find SOMETHING to complain about with such a highly anticipated device like the iPad mini gen 2. I can't put mine down, just like my mini 1. But I find myself enjoying everything more on the retina screen, especially reading. It's a joy to read the ultra sharp text on this screen. Web browsing is brilliant as well with the ultra fast A7. It's just a joy to use, and I feel like its tablet perfection.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone on the fence because of the recent color complaints doesn't need to worry. The screen is beautiful in my untrained eyes! Colors look natural to me and it would never bother me. I honestly think people have to find SOMETHING to complain about with such a highly anticipated device like the iPad mini gen 2. I can't put mine down, just like my mini 1. But I find myself enjoying everything more on the retina screen, especially reading. It's a joy to read the ultra sharp text on this screen. Web browsing is brilliant as well with the ultra fast A7. It's just a joy to use, and I feel like its tablet perfection.

Its not about finding something to complain about...it's about understanding what the product is. In a market with other contenders, one needs to know the limitations of each so as to make the best choice. Someone interested in using a tablet which displays a fuller color range will find themselves disappointed after spending a lot of money to later find the product is not what they expected. Perfection for one person doesn't translate to perfection for all.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't believe how slow the shipping is on my iPad mini 2 Retina is from China this year. Every other iPad I have had shipped to my home by Apple as always gone like overnight...but this time it is taking a friggin week! It's been shipping up in Alaska for 3 days now and I guess they will keep it "shipping" until this coming Friday. Argh! It seems as if Apple is working overtime trying to maximize profits.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man....tracking shows my iPad mini has arrived in town....however, they are delaying my shipment until Monday, which means I probably won't get it until Tuesday (I work all day). For no good reason as there are no weather problems here today. Dang!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Talk about flipping the script. Now, my iPad is rescheduled again...this time for delivery today! YAY.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bet those guys along the delivery route had a weeks worth of fun playing with it. :D

Kind of like the Postal service reading my magazines before me.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far, no yellow screen to report. Yay. This thing is nice.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's so weird. It looks like my mini went from Alaska, to KY, back to Hong Kong, back to Alaska yesterday & no update since then? It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's so weird. It looks like my mini went from Alaska, to KY, back to Hong Kong, back to Alaska yesterday & no update since then? It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Have faith....Apple really wants you to get your stuff when promised. This new standard shipping sucks compared to prior years, when it would ship from China and get in your hands on the very next day.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, I only have to go my 1st apple product, my IPAD from last year & it came fine. It was just weird seeing it jump back to Hong Kong & then back to the US!

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your delivery day, when it said out for delivery, did you really get it that day? I finally had a bunch of check in's show up for several states today & it shows out for delivery but it is 6:45pm & not here yet. I'm tired & sick & would like to go take a hot shower & go to bed but I'm scared UPS will come! I'm also scared they won't ever come & I'm wasting my time sitting around...

veesubotee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Order processed and arrived Hong Kong on the Nov 30th, shipped to Taouyan, Taiwan on 12/4, arrived & departed Anchorage on 12/4, arrived Louisville 12/5. Latest update a little earlier stated that scheduled connection was missed. So far, no additional flights to Philly scheduled.

Why would a parcel be held (in HK) unnecessarily for days? I sent an inquiry which IMHO seemed to stimulate some action. Seems odd, in that there were UPS flights scheduled to Philly via Anchorage for 2 or 3 days prior to my parcel being shipped. Oh well.

V

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On your delivery day, when it said out for delivery, did you really get it that day? I finally had a bunch of check in's show up for several states today & it shows out for delivery but it is 6:45pm & not here yet. I'm tired & sick & would like to go take a hot shower & go to bed but I'm scared UPS will come! I'm also scared they won't ever come & I'm wasting my time sitting around...

If you go bak up thread you'll see the silliness I had to deal with. On my delivery day, friggin ups said mine was delayed until the following Monday! And the website said it was in my city! So, I figured there was nothing I could do. Then, I got a message somehow from apple on my iPhone saying that my new mini was going to be delivered that day. I thought they have no idea what ups is up to out here. But I when back to the ups tracking and my order status had changed back to what it was suppose to be, and I had my iPad about an hour later. I felt like Apple had stepped in and yanked ups's rope a bit to get me my expensive device. Don't know if that is true or not.

Most reactions