What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini LCD problems after digitizer replacement

KawiNinjaZX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced a broken digitizer on an ipad mini, one that requires no soldering. After replacing it (not set it in place yet) there is a set of lines going down the lcd screen, sometimes they change position based on what is on the screen. When you first boot it, the apple logo's color is slightly green, and the colors are slightly off. I was very gentle with the LCD, I don't think I bent it. I reseated the plug a few times, still having a problem. Any ideas on what to try next short of replacing the LCD?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced a broken digitizer on an ipad mini, one that requires no soldering. After replacing it (not set it in place yet) there is a set of lines going down the lcd screen, sometimes they change position based on what is on the screen. When you first boot it, the apple logo's color is slightly green, and the colors are slightly off. I was very gentle with the LCD, I don't think I bent it. I reseated the plug a few times, still having a problem. Any ideas on what to try next short of replacing the LCD?

Hello KawiNinjaZX and welcome to the forum. I believe you would stand a better chance of a response to your issue in the iPad DIY forum which is visited by knowledgeable members regarding "matters tinkering" who may step up to assist.
I'll transfer your thread to there from the iPad Mini forum. Good luck:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts