What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini issue!!!

Pegasus757

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I am new here, I just got a brand new ipad mini, non retina, A5 chip and I love it. This is my 2nd day owning it, and when I press the lock button when its locked, this only happens when its been locked for over 10 sec, it shows a mirror image of whats up op, ipad name, battery meter, wifi strength. Its inverted as you can see, and fuzzy line like from a damaged LCD screen. It disappears after 3-5 sec though, and if I re lock the screen and re press the button its not there, only if it idles for 10 sec or more when locked. What is this? I put the ipad without a case, no case yet, under a pillow so my cats cant scratch the screen, and when I came home I forgot it was there and sat on the pillow,, on the couch, on top of the ipad. Ipad is not broke, works fine, but that started happening right after. Is it damaged? I tried a hard reset, home button and power button, still happens. Should I reset the ipad to factory? It cant be damaged because this inverted image on the bottom of the screen goes away after 3 seconds. Odd. Thanks for all your help guys.

This image isnt very clear, since it only lasts for 3 seconds, I didnt have time to focus, but the inverted top bar has lines in teh background of it, like a damaged LCD.

IMG_20140505_202537_zps1ff45a46.jpg

I realy have no interest in taking it to a genuis bar. It sometimes stops happening for 2 days a time, there is no way I know if it can happen in front of an apple empoloyee, and it doesnt interfere with the operation fo the ipad. there is NO way this is damage, because it doesnt happen sometimes. Or maybe im wrong but it doesnt seem like hardware

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey I am new here, I just got a brand new ipad mini, non retina, A5 chip and I love it. This is my 2nd day owning it, and when I press the lock button when its locked, this only happens when its been locked for over 10 sec, it shows a mirror image of whats up op, ipad name, battery meter, wifi strength. Its inverted as you can see, and fuzzy line like from a damaged LCD screen......

I realy have no interest in taking it to a genuis bar. It sometimes stops happening for 2 days a time, there is no way I know if it can happen in front of an apple empoloyee, and it doesnt interfere with the operation fo the ipad. there is NO way this is damage, because it doesnt happen sometimes. Or maybe im wrong but it doesnt seem like hardware

Hello Pegasus- welcome to the forum! :)

Your story is not clear and needs clarification - you state that you just bought a 'new' non-retina iPad Mini - this model was released in November 2012 (info HERE) - you've owned the device for just 2 days - please let us know if indeed this is a new iPad Mini or a used/refurbished model? And where did you buy this iPad?

The iPad Mini w/ retina display was released a year later in 2013, so just wondering why you did not purchase the newer model? And if this indeed is a 'new' purchase w/ a warranty, why not consider taking it to the genius bar? Just a little confused here - can you better explain the situation - Dave :)

OP
P

Pegasus757

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No interest in the retina, Im not rich, i cant afford the 100 dollars more, money tight now. Brand new, from best buy in the box. Nevermind, thanks for the help though. The issue doesnt seem serious enouigh to drive a long way to nearest genius bar

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No interest in the retina, Im not rich, i cant afford the 100 dollars more, money tight now. Brand new, from best buy in the box. Nevermind, thanks for the help though. The issue doesnt seem serious enouigh to drive a long way to nearest genius bar
Your iPad comes with 90 days of free telephone technical support, why not take advantage of it and call. http://support.apple.com/kb/he57

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Well, if new from Best Buy, then there should be an intact warranty - why not return to the store and obtain a different one - any issue that concerns you is worth pursuing - I'd take it back to the store and see what they have to say - good luck! Dave :)

OP
P

Pegasus757

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the chat but they werent helpful. ipad is already registered wth apple, and they did the over the air scan but nothing

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I second what Giradman has said......I would take it back to Best Buy and ask for a new one.

You have the photos to prove it has a problem with the screen and that should suffice.

Let us know what happens if you do go this route!

Good luck!

Most reactions