What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini help.

Manny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am brand new to this site and would welcome some advice on what could be a silly question, Every time I try to download an app I am met with the same message. " member not active"

What am I doing wrong? I am 72 years old and after 24 years of all types of PC & Laptop with O/S from DOS 6 and early Windows to Win 8.1 I am stuck!!
Who wants to make an 'Old Crock' happy and save his embarrassment in front of the Grand kids?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you're signed into the App Store? To check, go to Settings>iTunes & App Store and look at the top of the page. If the password box is showing under your Apple ID, you're not signed in. Sign in and try again to download an app. If that doesn't work, come back and we'll try something else.
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before trying to download apps to your iPad Mini, was your iTunes account unused for an extended period of time? That could account for the member not active message.

Last edited:
OP
M

Manny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am brand new to this site and would welcome some advice on what could be a silly question, Every time I try to download an app I am met with the same message. " member not active"

What am I doing wrong? I am 72 years old and after 24 years of all types of PC & Laptop with O/S from DOS 6 and early Windows to Win 8.1 I am stuck!!
Who wants to make an 'Old Crock' happy and save his embarrassment in front of the Grand kids?
Hi scifan57
I cant thank you enough! It exactly what you suggested! My reputation as a 'cool' Grand Dad is intact! I really must get all the Microsoft habits out of my head.

Last edited:
OP
M

Manny12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi scifan57
I cant thank you enough! It exactly what you suggested! My reputation as a 'cool' Grand Dad is intact! I really must forget all the Microsoft habits out of m
You're welcome, Manny. I'm glad I could be of help. Thanks for letting us know.

Most reactions

Latest posts