What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Help! [The apps I download on iTunes won't sync to my iPad]

patty123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already tried numerous times but the apps I download on iTunes just won't sync to my iPad mini. I'm using the latest version of iTunes and I've already registered my product (It's new. Hehe.). My restrictions are enabled but that still didn't help. Any suggestions? :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open up the app store on your mini. Click on Purchased. Find the icons of the apps you bought. You will see a little cloud icon next them them with a down arrow inside. Just click there and they will come down to your mini via wifi. You don't need iTunes to get apps on an iPad.

Attachments

• image-2488837095.jpg
    image-2488837095.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,316
OP
P

patty123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another way to put apps on my iPad? We don't have WiFi here at home, so basically all I'm counting on is iTunes. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What restrictions do you have enabled? There is no other way than what you are doing if you don't have wifi.

Is there a reason you didn't just simply restore to your mini from a Backup?

OP
P

patty123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What'll happen when I restore it? Will I lose anything?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What'll happen when I restore it? Will I lose anything?

Well, if you have been using it as a new iPad since you got it, yes, it would be wiped clean and then your restored backup would be put on. For a restore to be used, you need to set it up as a restored from backup iPad...and you do that basically when you first set it up. That way, assuming itunes has backed up all of your apps, it will put them all back, plus data. At least, that's the way it works for me. And I have itunes setup to automatically download all purchases that I make on my iPad to my PC.

Since you apparently didn't do that, you must not have had any data you were worried about losing, right? So you set your mini up as a new iPad, right?

I have to admit that since I have wifi my methods of using iPad & Itunes may be different than yours. For example, I never install an app from iTunes, I always download them via wifi. iTunes is set to download all of my purchases separately once I open it. This is supposedly so that I can restore one if there is a problem, but I have NEVER done that.

Most reactions