What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini Help Needed ( think i received a Demo version)

raider920

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Well i purchased a ipad mini for my 6yr old and well it has pre loaded like 200 pics/ multiple videos/ there's no reset option, I purchased Brand new sealed from an ATT retailer. The problem i'm havin is well..the retailer i purchased form doesnt have any in Stock and they said all i could do it get a refund but then i would be out without an ipad mini for daughter.... and well this came from "Santa" for christmas, Is there a way to reset this ipad? is my only option to return it and then purchase another? Does anyone know if maybe an Apple Store could fix? everything works except there are some functions like moving icons and theres random slides it goes through when not in use which kill the battery that i cannot turn off... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

nathey6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would ask them to give you a full refund including activation fees, etc. and then buy one from the apple store. I never buy Apple products from anyone other than the Apple store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you should go for the refund as well, since the iPad is obviously used. Well, it could be one of the ones they pull for quality control test, and it did not get properly reset. Regardless, you should have a 15 day window for no question returns.

However, you can restore it and start clean if that is what you want to do. Hold in mind that if you do so, your evidence that the iPad came that way goes out the window.

Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose Erase all Content and Settings.

This will restore the iPad tot he same state that it should have been in when it came out of the box.

OP
R

raider920

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ALL, well i took it to the Apple Store and they were unable to explain how it is that this ipad mini was shipped with Demo Software which he explained is different than the software the normal ipad mini comes with and received different updates. He verified the SN and this was not a used. He was able to and just somehow ended up being shipped with Demo Software, he was able to switch the software and all is good now :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad it worked out.

My suggestion probably would not have worked. Demo software would be protected from customers being able to reset it.

Most reactions

Latest posts