ipad mini for a present

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by Marcus76, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Marcus76

Marcus76
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My gf has just got unlimited data for her iphone4 but she used to have a laptop which broke
    she only uses it for browsing ebay twitter Facebook etc so was thinking of getting her an ipad mini. I'd like to get a proper ipad but too expensive
    so question is if she already has an iPhone 4 is an ipad mini just a bigger version of that? Would it be a waste of money

Do you recommend it or shall I wait and get her a full size ipad after Christmas

Thanks in advance

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The iPad Mini screen is a lot bigger than the 4" screen on the iPhone 4. It would be easier to browse sites like FaceBook and Twitter on a larger screen. Whether or not to get the Mini or a full size iPad is a decision that only you and your girlfriend can make. Whichever one she feels most comfortable with is the best choice. Have her give both sizes a try at an Apple Store or other authorized reseller before making a final decision.

3. speedlever

speedlever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Compare the different iPad models here:
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

I suggest a 32GB model as the entry level. 16GB is too small for most practical purposes. For the budget minded, the iPad mini retina (mini2) is a relative bargain at $350 for the 32GB wifi model. It has the same A7 processor as the Air (not Air 2).

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, I was curious about the 'screen areas' of the iPhone & the current iPads, so put together a little table below - the iPhone 4 is 'really tiny' for what she use to do on a laptop, and an iPad would likely be a good replacement - now whether you want to buy a regular size one or a Mini, then some 'hands on' experience is needed (as already suggested).

I just purchased an iPad Air 2 to replace my aging iPad 2, which now feels like holding a brick (about 1/2 pound heavier & thicker!). Good luck in your decision. Dave :)
    Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 12.22.12 PM.png

5. Marcus76

Marcus76
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks

6. Sandygirl

Sandygirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just replaced Ipad 2 with Mini and I LOVE IT! Yes! I also have Iphone.

Sandy