What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini for a present

Marcus76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My gf has just got unlimited data for her iphone4 but she used to have a laptop which broke
she only uses it for browsing ebay twitter Facebook etc so was thinking of getting her an ipad mini. I'd like to get a proper ipad but too expensive
so question is if she already has an iPhone 4 is an ipad mini just a bigger version of that? Would it be a waste of money

Do you recommend it or shall I wait and get her a full size ipad after Christmas

Thanks in advance

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad Mini screen is a lot bigger than the 4" screen on the iPhone 4. It would be easier to browse sites like FaceBook and Twitter on a larger screen. Whether or not to get the Mini or a full size iPad is a decision that only you and your girlfriend can make. Whichever one she feels most comfortable with is the best choice. Have her give both sizes a try at an Apple Store or other authorized reseller before making a final decision.

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Compare the different iPad models here:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

I suggest a 32GB model as the entry level. 16GB is too small for most practical purposes. For the budget minded, the iPad mini retina (mini2) is a relative bargain at $350 for the 32GB wifi model. It has the same A7 processor as the Air (not Air 2).

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My gf has just got unlimited data for her iphone4 but she used to have a laptop which broke
she only uses it for browsing ebay twitter Facebook etc so was thinking of getting her an ipad mini. I'd like to get a proper ipad but too expensive
so question is if she already has an iPhone 4 is an ipad mini just a bigger version of that? Would it be a waste............

Well, I was curious about the 'screen areas' of the iPhone & the current iPads, so put together a little table below - the iPhone 4 is 'really tiny' for what she use to do on a laptop, and an iPad would likely be a good replacement - now whether you want to buy a regular size one or a Mini, then some 'hands on' experience is needed (as already suggested).

I just purchased an iPad Air 2 to replace my aging iPad 2, which now feels like holding a brick (about 1/2 pound heavier & thicker!). Good luck in your decision. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 12.22.12 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts