What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini flicking and loading apps I dont want

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's ipad mini is about 2 years old - for a while now she has been finding it difficult to use.

Sometimes she turns it on and its fine, other times (becoming more frequent) the screen starts jumping about and loading apps she has not clicked on. Also she may be playing music (her beloved Barry Manilow) and it jumps to a different album.

Before we take it to someone who can repair these and the expense that will be, I wonder if there may be some easy solution.

Could someone please advise, will be very grateful as will my wife.

Thank you.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Stattovic...whenever an iPad starts to act "funny" it's a good idea to reset (reboot) the machine.
You may already know this, but just in case:) .... Do this:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Hope that helps:D
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Andrew's suggestions don't work, there's the possibility of a failing touchscreen causing spurious inputs that result in the effects that you can see. The problem will likely get worse until the iPad is completely unusable. If this is what is wrong with your iPad mini, a screen replacement would be necessary. A trip to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store would confirm whether or not you have a hardware or software problem.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. We did as Andrew suggested and my wife report that although the issue hasent gone away the problem is still there but much lesser.

Would it be necessary to redo it to see if it totally solves the problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. We did as Andrew suggested and my wife report that although the issue hasent gone away the problem is still there but much lesser.

Would it be necessary to redo it to see if it totally solves the problem.
There would be no harm in following Andrew's instructions a second time. If that doesn't completely fix the problem I would still recommend a Genius Bar appointment to see if there's a hardware issue here. There is no charge for Genius Bar appointments but you should make the appointment online before going to the Apple Store to ensure you get in at a time convenient to you.

OP
S

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There would be no harm in following Andrew's instructions a second time. If that doesn't completely fix the problem I would still recommend a Genius Bar appointment to see if there's a hardware issue here. There is no charge for Genius Bar appointments but you should make the appointment online before going to the Apple Store to ensure you get in at a time convenient to you.

OP
S

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your message. Cannot understand why the moderator thought this wrong and cant find 2171/.

Most reactions

Latest posts