iPad Mini Discussion

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by iforsakenu, Dec 28, 2012.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the mini and the N7, as well as the iPad 3 and the N10. They all are good devices. iOS has better apps, though, and I like apps and have many. Also, I find typing text on forums to be better on the iOS devices.

Gaming seems to work well on all of them, but I have seen the android devices start to get laggy under certain conditions. I've been playing some of the same games on different devices. You can see some clear differences between the two nexus devices, as I e has a tegra 3 and the other doesn't.

2. quadtronix

quadtronix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just picked up a new case: the Targus Vuscape for iPad mini. I got the black version of the case... My mini is white though. Just thought I'd update my previous post here since I was originally using the Point Mobil universal slip case for 8 inch tablets. I like the Targus much more! The mini snaps in pretty easy and the case snaps shut to protect the screen. There's a hole in the back for the camara and another for the Apple logo. There are six positions for the stand and the front cover is firm. The whole thing is light and slim, so much so that I was actually really surprised! Loving this case so far. Here's a link to the site-

Targus Vuscape

I got it at BestBuy for 39 but I had a gift certificate so it came to less. Might have been on sale too cause I think I saw it the other day at RadioShack for 50... Highly recommended!

3. iforsakenu

iforsakenu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for sharing! I almost bought this case actually in red. Glad to know its a solid case and I will be ordering off of amazon this week:)

4. Toyeboy

Toyeboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got a black 64 gb. I probably could have lived with 32 but I hate being limited. I got a rubberized case off ebay for it and its much easier to hold than the slippery cold aluminum backing. Also it makes me feel much better about the possible dropping accident with the rubber on the. And a screen protector.

5. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I was looking for some replies to this part of the original question but see none. So no one is using protection?

Just wondering what everyone is using in terms of protection

6. doublesixes

doublesixes
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a wifi only 16 GB mini, black and love it but l also use an Acer Iconia (android 4.03) and these are the main differences I noticed:

The mini is noticeably faster when scrolling web pages. Basically there's no lag, making the whole experience less frustrating.

When running 3d games, like Beach Buggy Blitz, the mini kicks butt. I have to use the lowest settings on the Iconia to match the highest setting on the mini.

Video chatting with Skype and Facetime is much better on the mini. Better sound and mic.

Maps really suck on the mini. Google maps isn't even available for my mini.

Well, the overall quality of the mini makes it the superior piece of hardware but honestly, there are some issues that most of you would never notice if you never used an advanced version of Android. For example, the Iconia has always, on the screen, a taskbar that offers must have functions at the finger tip. The mini has that hideous side button, like all iPads, to access those functions I'm talking about.
    iOS feels refined and quick but I would have preferred better multitasking capabilities, a software taskbar and Flash support. Yes, I still consume a ton of Flash content and although Puffin on my mini helps somewhat, the Iconia has the upper hand when streaming TV series and movies.

7. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Google maps is available as an iPhone App which can be installed on your iPad Mini.

The Archangel

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If by protection, you mean anti-virus programs, there's no need for them. In fact, there are no anti virus apps in the AppStore. There aren't any known viruses that can infect a stock iPad.

9. doublesixes

doublesixes
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    thank archangel, I wll try that

10. quadtronix

quadtronix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I assumed "protection" meant cases or covers... lol. I guess it could also mean antivirus or warranty protection too. What are you asking about?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2