What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Charging Times w/ 5-Watt Power Adapter

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The included 5-watt power adapter was a surprise for me. I wonder if it takes longer to charge the Mini w/ 5-watt say versus iPad 2 w/ 10-watt adapter?

Has anybody confirmed the amps the Mini can handle?

What are your charging times with the included adapter?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, since the mini has only be out a day, there won't be a lot of good data on this. My initial impression is that charging times are very reasonable. Also, the mini has great battery life, according to some of the reviews I have read. I don't think you really need to worry.

canmorechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't time it or anything, but it seemed to take the same amount of time as my iPad 2.

I was surprised, too, that it was the wussy little adapter vs my beefier iPad adapter. But it does seem to take the same amount of time. I will try to 'kill it' today and pay more attention to the charging time.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't apple roll out the 12w adapter? I thought about picking one up.. but figure just throw the damn thing on the charger when I go to bed and call it good.

I hope Apple or Twelve South comes out with a nice dock station. I read the news on my iPad mini mega iPhone so it'll be hanging out on my nightstand for the most part.. and I'd love to use it as a clock/alarm as well.

Most reactions