What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini charged but not recognizing charge

Lowtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, but it began after an upgrade to 9.2.1 - I think - so I will start here. I charge my iPad Mini/Retina overnight. Twice in the past two weeks or so, when I boot it up in the morning it displays an empty battery icon instead of booting. I then have to force it to recognize the 100% charge, by plugging it in again, doing a hard reset... and it is very reluctant to do so. Is this a known issue with 9 and is there a fix? ... I'm afraid it won't recover one of these times and I use it a great deal. ... Thanks!

OP
Lowtech

Lowtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using an official Apple cable and charger or a 3rd party version?

Using an Apple cable and a 3rd party charger - which has worked perfectly for months and months... can they go bad after a while?

OP
Lowtech

Lowtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its possible that the charging IC in your mini may have been damaged by the 3rd party charger. But first, try a different charger and cable and /or a restore via iTunes.

Will do. I'll use the Apple charger. I'll report back. Thank you!

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the charger. I went to an Apple charger (and cable) and have had no problems since. I suppose the 3rd party charger might have gone bad... any of them can I guess. Whatever... it's fine now. Thank goodness it was not the iPad! Thanks again for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts