1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad mini as dedicated e-reader opinions?

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by MoonlitSonata, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    I am an avid reader. I have several hundred books in iBooks and after a while, the weight of the iPad 4 gets to me when I'm reading. Do you all think that 16 GB would be plenty if I used the mini only as a reader? I'm paranoid about storage, but considering I just got the 4 for Christmas and my birthday's in March...I just need some opinions before I go asking for one. :)
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Books are relatively small, unless they have lots of graphics. 13GB would hold a lot of Kindle books and I would assume iBooks too. You can always remove books when you're done and redownload them later if you wish to refer back to something.

I do like to read books on my mini....though, for some reason, I want a paperwhite too. :)
  3. quadtronix

quadtronix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I use the 16GB mini for ereading as well as other things and haven't even begun to use my storage up! Ebooks take like no space... especially if there are not alot of images. You can fit thousands (literally) of ebooks on 1 or 2 GBs of storage so 16 is all you'd ever need.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  4. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    I went with the 32 GB wifi only and use mine 90% as a reader. Works fine, have a few hundred books, no movies, no music. Half full SSD.
  5. Finnedog

Finnedog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have an iPad 1 and have used it for almost 3 years but fell in love with the mini and bought 2 for the family for Christmas. Works great as an ereader; much lighter and thinner than a Kindle Fire and the original iPad.