What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini as dedicated e-reader opinions?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am an avid reader. I have several hundred books in iBooks and after a while, the weight of the iPad 4 gets to me when I'm reading. Do you all think that 16 GB would be plenty if I used the mini only as a reader? I'm paranoid about storage, but considering I just got the 4 for Christmas and my birthday's in March...I just need some opinions before I go asking for one. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Books are relatively small, unless they have lots of graphics. 13GB would hold a lot of Kindle books and I would assume iBooks too. You can always remove books when you're done and redownload them later if you wish to refer back to something.

I do like to read books on my mini....though, for some reason, I want a paperwhite too. :)

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the 16GB mini for ereading as well as other things and haven't even begun to use my storage up! Ebooks take like no space... especially if there are not alot of images. You can fit thousands (literally) of ebooks on 1 or 2 GBs of storage so 16 is all you'd ever need.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with the 32 GB wifi only and use mine 90% as a reader. Works fine, have a few hundred books, no movies, no music. Half full SSD.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and have used it for almost 3 years but fell in love with the mini and bought 2 for the family for Christmas. Works great as an ereader; much lighter and thinner than a Kindle Fire and the original iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts