What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini and the Power PC Mac

sjduesey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geraldwingrove.com
Is there a method of connecting an iPad Mini - OS 6.1.3 to iTunes 10.6.3 on a G5 Power PC Mac running OSX 10.5.8. - as is it requires iTunes 10.7, which is not available for a Power PC Mac. Is there a fix for this problem??

wildmangk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck, i have a 17" PowerPC G4 on 10.5.8 and thats the end of the line for it... No hopes of plugging my Mini to it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a method of connecting an iPad Mini - OS 6.1.3 to iTunes 10.6.3 on a G5 Power PC Mac running OSX 10.5.8. - as is it requires iTunes 10.7, which is not available for a Power PC Mac. Is there a fix for this problem??

I'm afraid that there's nothing you can do. You'll have to upgrade to a computer that can handle at least iTunes 10.7. Check this out. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5578

OP
S

sjduesey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geraldwingrove.com
Many thanks all - seems there was a time when at least someone in the old Apple DIY community could come up with a fix for these LITTLE problems, Maybe that was before OSX came on the scene and all was out to bring in the former PC brigade to the Apple market.

Most reactions