What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini and iPhone 5 Could Have Separate Launch Events

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini_kotaku_report.JPG

According to a news story on AppleInsider today, two very well-connected and well informed writers have both suggested that Apple could be planning to hold two separate media events to launch the iPad mini and iPhone 5 respectively. First of all, Daring Fireball’s John Gruber said that it would make sense for Apple to hold two separate events for the launch of its two new devices. Then, following on from Gruber’s post, Jim Dalrymple on The Loop, who is known to be very well-connected to all things Apple, simply said “Oh that Gruber is a smart fellow,†in response to this theory of Gruber’s. In his blog post, Gruber said that it makes sense for Apple to have two separate launch events because one should be focused squarely on the next iPhone and iOS 6, while the other should concentrate on the iPad mini. It is generally pretty much accepted as official now that Apple will be launching the next iPhone on September 12, the only debate is as to whether or not the iPad mini will also be launched on the same day. Judging by this report, it’s unlikely they will both be launched together.

Source: Apple may launch next-gen iPhone, 'iPad mini' at two separate media events

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certainly would make more sense this way. Given that the iPhone 5 will be an entirely "new" device it should have its own event, same goes for the iPad mini. If Apple did decide to release the iPhone 5 and iPad mini at the same time can you imagine how overloaded their website would be.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Made sense to me, too. But I'd prefer to see the mini iPad first, if it's actually something that Apple is going to produce

I'm not especially interested in a new iPhone, though I'm open to being surprised and tempted into buying one.

Otherwise, iPad, iPad, iPad. Bring it!

Most reactions

Latest posts