What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini 64 gb

terryreed123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought and downloaded Swype onto my new iPad Mini, but it won't integrate with my iPad keyboard. I can go into the app and type, but that doesn't put my message into email. How do I get Swype to integrate in my keyboard?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought and downloaded Swype onto my new iPad Mini, but it won't integrate with my iPad keyboard. I can go into the app and type, but that doesn't put my message into email. How do I get Swype to integrate in my keyboard?

You'll never get this app to integrate into your default keyboard (as in: you'll not be able to use the Swype technology anywhere other than in the app). This app uses it's own keyboard and you'll have to copy any text you create and then paste it into another app (I.e. your e-mail). Due to its security concerns, proprietary ownership, etc., Apple will not let one app be used in other apps.

So, on a stock iPad, you can only use Swype within the Swype app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

SeanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why an app like this gets approved. It obviously won't work and Apple knows that. :mad:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So did all those people who left negative reviews on this app to warn others off.

OP
T

terryreed123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded. I guess I will just have to enjoy all the good apps on my iPad, and forget using Swype.

Most reactions

Latest posts